But, to my delight, this week on eBay was one of the most profitable in a long time. I’ve only listed a couple things the last few weeks, but sold almost 20 things this week.
That’s the nice thing about having a reselling business on eBay- you can just list stuff once, set it as Good Until Cancelled, and then leave it until it sells (assuming it’s a good, desirable item).
Here are 3 of the most profitable, and 3 of the least profitable things that’ve sold this week.
3 Most Expensive Sales
1. Sale= $109
I found this shirt a couple months ago. Someone messaged me this week and offered me $109 for it. I could’ve gotten the full price if I didn’t accept and waited, but I didn’t know how much longer this would have sat until it sold, and I wanted the money now.
- Cost= I paid the standard $4 at Goodwill for this short sleeve shirt.
- Shipping cost= ~$4
- Fees= ~$11 (eBay) and ~$3 (Paypal)
- Profit= $109-$4-$4-$3-$11= $87
2. Sale= $40
A similar thing happened with this item, as the shirt above. A woman messaged me saying that she wanted this vocabulary tower to donate to a poor school, but could only pay $45 max:
She has over 500 positive feedback, so I trusted that she’s an honest person. And her story hit a cord, so I dropped the price to $40 for her. Then she left me this note:
Hopefully she wasn’t just using the poor school as a way to get this for half price..
- Cost= I paid $4 for this thing at a local thrift store
- Shipping Cost= I mailed this thing media mail for ~$5 (hopefully it doesn’t get inspected)
- Fees= $4 (eBay) and $1.5 (Paypal)
- Profit= $40-$4-$5-$4-1.5= $35.5
3. Sale= $31.99
- Cost= I paid the standard $3 for each tie at Goodwill, so $6
- Shipping Cost= ~$3.5
- Fees= $3.25 (eBay) and ~$1.25 (Paypal)
- Profit= $32-$6-$3.5-$3.25-$1.25= $18
3 Cheapest Sales
1. Sale= $17.30
- Cost= $4 Half-price at a Goodwill
- Shipping Cost=$5 I stuck them in a polymailer and shipped them First Class
- Fees=~$1.7 (eBay) and ~$.5 (Paypal)
- Profit=$17.3-$4-$4-$1.7-.5= $6.1
2. Sale= $13.48
- Cost= I got this at a thrift store for $1
- Shipping Cost= ~$4.5
- Fees= $1.4 (eBay) and $.75 (PayPal)
- Profit= $13.48-$1-$4.5-$1.4-$.75= $5.83
3. Sale= $11.99
- Cost= This was half-price at a Goodwill for $1.5
- Shipping= ~$3
- Fees= ~$1.2 (eBay) and ~$.5 (Paypal)
- Profit= $11.99-$1.5-$3-$1.2-$.5=~$5.8
A lot of people may question if it’s even worth their time to sell things this inexpensive.
For reference, this tie took me a couple minutes to photograph, list, pack and ship. And it made me more than $5 profit.
Remember, these small $5 sales add up, so don’t be discouraged.
There you have it. These are 6 of the 17 things that I sold this week.
As you can see, used clothing is still a highly profitable to sell. If you don’t know how to get started selling clothing, then see this post.
Big changes are coming to my eBay business, and I’ll be publishing a lot of money making content in the coming weeks. Check back tomorrow for another post!